How to Access Remote Interpreters
1. Access Remote Services via Telephone, PC, Smartphone or Tablet
2. Enter Your Credentials
3. Select the Language
LWS Remote Interpreters must meet the following criteria:
- Have prior interpreting experience.
- Pass a 3rd party oral assessment of interpretation skills and language proficiency.
- Pass a “mock” interpretation session.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the online call management and interpreting tools
In addition, quality checks are performed twice a year by reviewing actual interpreting sessions conducted by interpreters.
For background checks, remote interpreters are screened by a third-party security agency, which scans the nation-wide criminal records, sex offender files, and the Patriot Act/Homeland Security Database then provides a complete report on every interpreter.