How it Works
1. Call LWS to setup your account & prompts
2. Receive your toll-free number and access code
3. Print personalized reference cards
4. Call for Language Services
LWS OPI Interpreters must meet the following criteria:
- Have prior interpreting experience.
- Pass a 3rd party oral assessment of interpretation skills and language proficiency.
- Pass a “mock” interpretation session.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the online call management and interpreting tools
In addition, quality checks are performed twice a year by reviewing actual interpreting sessions conducted by interpreters.
For background checks, over-the-phone interpreters are screened by a third-party security agency, which scans the nation-wide criminal records, sex offender files, and the Patriot Act/Homeland Security Database then provides a complete report on every interpreter.